A goal is a schedule or placement that determines the delivery of your ads. Use the Goal API to define, for example, how many impressions should be delivered, at what frequency, how they appear in ad breaks, the targeting rules, the start/end date of the campaign, and to retrieve VAST URLs for ad calls on a goal. You can have multiple goals in a campaign if you, for example, need to reach different target audiences, or deliver during different time periods.
Different Goal API endpoints have different base URLs and communication formats. Find the "Getting started" information on each relevant page.
The recommended combination of goal and goal rules endpoints, which provides the most complete support for all goal settings and goal targeting rules, is: Goal 1.0.cpvext endpoints for manipulating your goals and Goal rules v2 endpoints for manipulating goal targeting rules.
- Goal 1.0.cpvext endpoints have support for all goal types, pricing models, impression and event caps, and mid-roll break targeting, which is not supported through Goal 1.0 endpoints. You should migrate to Goal 1.0.cpvext endpoints if you are still using Goal 1.0 endpoints for manipulating your goals.
- Goal rules v2 endpoints
support getting and updating all targeting rules for all goal types. You should
migrate to Goal rules v2 endpoints if you are still using one of the below:
- Goal rules 1.0 endpoints, which only support getting and updating targeting rules for share of voice, impression, priority unreserved (RTB), and unlimited impression goals, and have no support for audience targeting, browser/OS targeting, and IP targeting
- Goal rules 1.0.cpvext endpoints, which do not have support for audience targeting, browser/OS targeting, and IP targeting.
- Goal and goal rules 1.0 requests
- Goal and goal rules 1.0.cpvext requests
- Goal rules v2 requests
- Goal VAST URLs requests