After you save the new ad, you see it in the Goal overview under Ads. Click on it to expand the Ad overview:
Parts of the Ad Overview
|1||Ad information||Basic information about the ad. Double-clicking the pen icon
gives you the option to edit.
Note: The field Weight can only be set here. For more information, refer to Ad Weight.
|2||On/Off button||If you have uploaded a creative, the ad is turned on automatically. Always check if the ad is active before you launch the campaign.|
|3||Ad menu||Clicking the ad menu gives you the following options:
|4||VAST||Click here to export the VAST URL for ad calls on this ad when using Pulse as a 3rd party ad server or for testing purposes. For more information, refer to Pulse as 3rd Party Ad Server.|
|5||Ad performance chart||When the campaign is launched and has gathered data, you see a chart showing the amount of impressions and click-throughs for an ad during a certain time period. Hovering over the bars gives you detailed information. Hide the performance chart by clicking this field.|
|6||Performance chart menu||Click the menu to choose a time period for which you want to get performance data. You can get data from yesterday, last week, last month, or since start. The data can be presented by hour, day or week, depending on the selected period.|
|7||Export||When the campaign is launched and has gathered data, clicking the button opens a new window with a table overview of the performance chart data.|
|8||Ad metrics and settings||Short overview of some of the most important metrics and the possibility to edit the Skippable setting. If not edited, it inherits the respective insertion policy setting. For more information on skip ad button settings, refer to Override Skip Ad Button Settings. Double-click the pen icon to edit. In the Completion field, click the magnifying glass icon for more details.|
|9||Description||Double-click the pen icon to enter a description of the ad, or edit an existing description.|
|10||Preview and edit options||By clicking on the tabs you can:
|11||Asset link||Clicking on the link automatically downloads the media files.|
|12||Destination URL||The URL of the destination page, which is triggered when the ad is clicked.|
|13||External Tracking||If you added an external tracking pixel, you see the information here, including the event which triggers the external pixel tracker and the URL for the external pixel tracker.|
Ad weight is used to choose how often to pick a specific ad after the goal has already been picked. If there are multiple ads of the same ad format in one goal, they take an even share of the impressions by default. If one of the ads needs to run more frequently you can add a weight to that ad.
Example: A goal has 4 ads. One of them should claim the majority of impressions. Pulse adds a weight of 40% to that ad. The remaining ads automatically split the remaining 60% between them, which means that each ad gets 20% of the impressions.
Duplicate Ad to Goals
Duplicate ad to goals is used to duplicate an ad to one or more goals within its campaign, including the goal it already belongs to. After selecting the menu option, another window opens where you can enter a new name for the ad and select the goals where you want to duplicate the ad.
- Start date is inherited from the goal the ad is copied to.