Performance Metrics Explorer
Performance Metrics Explorer allows you to quickly and easily retrieve and share near real-time or historical performance data from a specific campaign, with only an ingestion delay of up to one hour. The collected data is presented in the form of a time series graph, broken down by day, and metrics totals. The following performance metrics are available to give you a quick insight into how your campaigns have been doing:
- Ad Started
- Ad 25% Completion
- Ad 50% Completion
- Ad 75% Completion
- Ad Completed
Performance Metrics Explorer UI complements the Campaign Query API, where you can retrieve the same performance metrics totals from your campaigns.
When should you use the Performance Metrics Explorer?
- For campaign progress monitoring in near real-time, where the view is updated with the latest available numbers every time you filter on the desired active campaign
- For visualising the near-real time or historical campaign performance in the form of a time series graph, broken down by day
- For quick and simple retrieval of near real-time or historical performance metrics totals
- For sharing the campaign performance view directly with third parties, where the shared view for active campaigns is updated with the latest available numbers every time the share link is accessed or refreshed
When should you not use the Performance Metrics Explorer?
- For any invoicing and reconciliation reporting
- For monthly financial revenue reports
- For complex historical reporting
- For analysing and troubleshooting programmatic activity, since bid level granularity from SSP deals and marketplaces is only available in Metamarkets
Typical use cases
- Campaign progress monitoring in near-real time
- Reporting on performance metrics over time
- Sharing the active campaign's performance view with relevant advertisers, so they can monitor on their own without needing access to your Pulse account or time from one of your operators
Limitations for Performance Metrics Explorer
- You can filter on only one campaign at a time.
- The data is broken down only based on time and only by day.
- Time periods where no data is recorded are not displayed in the time series graph.
- The metrics summary provides only the totals for each of the performance metrics, however you can get more details by hovering over the time series graph.
- Data for Performance Metrics Explorer is available only for the past 24 months. If you filter on campaigns where at least part of the data falls outside the data retention period, the time series graph and the metrics totals do not take that into consideration, meaning only data for the past 24 months is displayed.
- The data cannot be exported in any format.