Performance Metrics Explorer
Performance Metrics Explorer allows you to quickly and easily retrieve, export, and share near real-time or historical performance data from specific campaigns, with an ingestion delay of only up to one hour. The collected data is presented in the form of time series graphs, broken down by day, and metrics totals. The following performance metrics are available to give you a quick insight into how your campaigns have been doing:
- Unique impressions (available only for campaign and campaign by day breakdown and time series graph)
- Ad started
- Ad 25% completion
- Ad 50% completion
- Ad 75% completion
- Ad completed
Performance Metrics Explorer UI complements the Campaign Query API, where you can retrieve the same performance metrics totals from your campaigns.
When should you use the Performance Metrics Explorer?
- For campaign progress monitoring in near real-time, where the view is updated with the latest available numbers every time you filter on the desired active campaigns
- For visualising the near-real time or historical campaign performance in the form of a time series graph, broken down by day
- For quick and simple retrieval or export of near real-time or historical performance metrics totals
- For sharing the performance view directly with third parties, where the shared view for active campaigns is updated with the latest available numbers every time the share link is accessed or refreshed
When should you not use the Performance Metrics Explorer?
- For any invoicing and reconciliation reporting
- For monthly financial revenue reports
- For complex historical reporting
- For analysing and troubleshooting programmatic activity, since bid level granularity from SSP deals and marketplaces is only available in Metamarkets
Typical use cases
- Campaign progress monitoring in near-real time
- Reporting on performance metrics over time
- Sharing the active campaigns' performance view with relevant advertisers, so they can monitor on their own without needing access to your Pulse account or time from one of your operators
Limitations for Performance Metrics Explorer
- The metrics summary provides only the totals for each of the performance metrics, however you can get more details by hovering over the time series graph.
- The unique impressions metric is available only for campaign and campaign by day
breakdown. For all the other breakdowns, the table displays
N/A(not available) in the unique impressions column both in the UI and in the exported Excel file. In the Performance History graphs, the unique impression metric is available only in the campaign time series graph.
- Performance Metrics Explorer calculates the approximate count of unique impressions metric by using the HyperLogLog algorithm, which provides deterministic results. The expected difference from distinct counts is only 2 to 3%. For more information, see Using HLL++ to speed up count-distinct in massive datasets. Also see Why is there a discrepancy in unique impression data between Custom Reporting and Performance Metrics Explorer?
- Depending on the selected performance graph filter, the data for the campaigns
you filtered on is broken down either by:
- goal and day,
- format type and day,
- or device and day.
- The data can be exported only in .xlsx (Microsoft Excel) format.
- Days where no data is recorded are not displayed in the time series graph, metrics summary, or .xlsx file.
- Data for Performance Metrics Explorer is available only for the past 24 months. If you filter on campaigns where at least part of the data falls outside the data retention period, the time series graph and the metrics totals do not take that into consideration, meaning only data for the past 24 months is displayed.