Create New Custom Report
- Open Insight from the menu.
Click on the New custom report button.
The New report page opens in the Select Data tab:
Fill in the following fields:
Note: The Report size bar in the bottom left corner indicates how much work is required to store and read the report. It varies between small, medium, large and exceeded. If you exceed the allowed report size, you cannot save or pull the report. These limitations are set to ensure that big report queries do not slow down the system. Change the filters, dimensions and metrics in order to reach an acceptable report size.Note: Info messages may show up when combining some filters, dimensions and metric, which means you have to make changes to your report in order to save it as a template or pull it. Below is a table with a list of possible info messages and their explanations:
Filters: filters can be combined in order to narrow down the
report. Click Add filter to create different combinations.
Filter Value Campaign Campaign name Advertiser Advertiser name Brand Brand name Agency Agency name Content partner Content partner name Format type Ad format type (for example: pre-roll, mid-roll or post-roll) Category Category node Time period Custom range: enter the desired time period
Choose one of the available options from the pop up window
Dimensions: dimensions can be combined in order to create
different breakdowns of data. Click Add dimension to create
Dimension Option Time period Choose one of the available options from the pop up window Device group Category Content partner Ad Format type Campaign Goal Tag Select tags: enter tag name and click Save. Repeat until all desired tags are added. Geography Country
Country & region
Known behaviour: Some duplicate and obsolete regions are still available in our system, marked with DO NOT USE, so Pulse can display them in campaigns, targeting templates, inventory simulations, and campaign simulations where they were previously used, and also make them available for reporting purposes.
- Metrics: from the list of common, interactive, and other metrics, select the ones that you want to include in your report. For metric explanation, see Glossary.
- Layout preview: shows the actual structure of the report. However, this IS NOT actual data from your report. Select or deselect the Include totals and Include subtotals box to change the layout of your report. As you add and remove filters, dimensions and metrics, you should notice the layout changing.
Info message Description Incomplete data for selected <X>. For example: Insight provides data from a certain period. If data is not available for a certain period, you see this message, but you can still pull the report. Multiple <X> dimensions is not supported. For example: You see this when trying to use multiple dimensions that are not supported together. Such reports cannot be produced. Multiple <X> filters is not supported. For example: You see this when trying to use multiple filters that are not supported together. Such reports cannot be produced. Cannot combine <X> metric(s) with <Y> filter(s) and dimension(s). For example: You see this when trying to pull a report with metrics that cannot be combined with selected dimension(s) or filter(s). You see this because Insight is not currently aggregating data for the selected dimensions, filters and metrics. You have to save the template in order to start aggregating the requested data. You see this in two cases:
- when you open the new report window, because you have not filled in any information yet
- when you have selected some invalid combination of filters, dimensions and/or metrics, which Insight has not described in a more specific info message
An error message shown when something has gone wrong in Insight's backend. When the report becomes to complex to be handled by Insight, then this message appears.
- Filters: filters can be combined in order to narrow down the report. Click Add filter to create different combinations.
The Header and summary tab opens:
Fill in the following fields:
- Header: add a custom title to your report.
- Header fields: select the fields you want visible in the header part of your report.
- Key metrics: select the metrics you want visible in the header part of your report.
- Header preview: check to ensure that you highlighted the most important information.
The Preview tab opens:
Use the Preview tab to ensure that the report layout matches your expectations.
Click Save as template or Pull report now:
If the new report can be based on an existing template, it is possible to pull it immediately from the report builder by clicking the Pull report now button. Otherwise, the button is greyed out.
If the "Pull report now" button is greyed out, you first need to click the Save as template button, after which the report appears in the report library and immediately starts collecting data.