Delivery Issues Checklist
- prioritisation rules
Things to Check
If a campaign/goal is not delivering any impressions, though everything seems to be correctly configured, follow this simple checklist.
- Check the material (the actual creatives) in the campaign and make sure they
- The best way is to preview them in our preview player (or live preview).
- Make sure your creatives are configured according to our Creative Asset Specification.
- Check targeting rules.
- Targeting rules for the campaign/goal could always be the reason why the campaign/goal is not delivering.
- See How Do I Check Which Campaigns Are Currently Being Delivered? to check which campaigns are delivering according to content targeting.
- Other targeting rules are harder to check/verify but you could always compare other campaigns and check the ones that are higher prioritised and/or lagging behind and the targeting set for them. If they match the campaign that is not delivering, it could be the reason.
- Check the prioritisation of the goal. The goals are always the ones
"fighting" for the inventory.
- There is a common use case below specifying goal/campaign priority.
- Goals that are higher prioritised need to get "their" forecasted inventory and could be the cause of your campaign/goal not starting to serve.
- Check which campaigns are currently getting delivered.
- Follow the instructions in How Do I Check Which Campaigns Are Currently Being Delivered?
- Check that your campaign/goal works fine in a live environment.Note: This is not necessary, but could be helpful in some cases.
- Do this by simply changing the goal type to Share of Voice (SoV) and set it to 100% for a short while (a few minutes).
- If you do not usually have that many SoV goals, this goal gets prioritised highest and probably delivers impressions.
- Make sure you change it back as soon as you have tested that it works and tracks impressions.
Common Use Cases
Goal priority is not inheriting the campaign priority
- You probably did not select that the goal priority inherits the campaign priority, so when you changed the campaign priority, the goal priority did not follow.
- Make sure to check the prioritisation number on both campaign and goals as they could differ (be overridden for certain goals).
Serving booked campaigns over VAST
- The Pulse platform is VAST/VPAID compliant and we support ad serving over VAST
for campaigns booked in Pulse. Simply copy/paste the URL provided under
the content/category node in your content tree that you want to serve.
- Check that your campaigns can be served via VAST.
You can do this for each campaign separately:
or on global level from the Settings tab:
It is very hard to find exact reasons why a campaign/goal is not delivering, it could be thousands of different targeting rules, as our distribution engine takes everything into account. Following this guide/checklist in detail can help you identify common issues. If you still cannot get your campaign to work, please contact Technical Support.