Interactive ad format
The interactive ad format looks like an ordinary pre-roll but it has a "drape-like" feature that lets the viewer return to watch the ad again once the content has started playing. This is done by clicking a banner that lies on top of the player after the ad and during content. You can also set a couple of different behaviors for clicking the drop down.
Adding an interactive ad
Interactive ads are booked just like any other pre-, mid-, or post-roll ad, with the exception that you need to specify a banner image to use in the display of the ad as shown above. Select the interactive ad from the dropdown:
Fill in the following:
- If you are using the Asset Factory automatic
transcoding, choose one of the following options and go to step 3, otherwise go
to step 2:
- Select from asset factory: this opens the Asset Factory and allows you to select an existing video file that has already been transcoded.
- Upload file: upload a source video file and all other assets you need, for all devices, services, and bandwidths you want to support, are automatically generated.
- Fetch from URL: fetch the source video file from a URL and all other assets you need, for all devices, services, and bandwidths you want to support, are automatically generated..
- If you are Uploading pre-transcoded video files manually:
- Click on upload pre-transcoded video files.
- Manually upload, or fetch from URL, the video files specified for each row in the Expected files table. Standard spot ads require one high‐resolution file and one low‐resolution file for each device.
- Reminder bar: add a reminder bar that the viewer can expand over the ad or content.
- Add either a banner, a video file, or a flash file to be displayed when the reminder bar above is clicked.
- Destination URL (optional): add a URL to be triggered when the ad is clicked.
- External Tracking (optional): if you have a third-party tracking service to track your ad impressions, you can enter the URL for that service here. For more information on external tracking, see Global tracking.
- Click SAVE.
Detailed format specifications