INVIDI Pulse OpenRTB Integration
This document describes the integration process between a Demand Side Platform (DSP) and INVIDI Pulse using the IAB OpenRTB specification.
Prerequisites for integrating with Pulse
- OpenRTB compliance. Pulse currently supports the following OpenRTB versions: OpenRTB API Specification Version 2.3.1
- Demand Partner contract signed with us.
- Only CPM campaigns are allowed.
- Only video ads are accepted.
- Only Private Marketplaces are supported.
- Ad Markup can be supplied in the bid response or served through win notice
- Pulse supports a single impression per bid request and recommends DSPs to respond with multiple bids per bid response, at least one bid per impression.
- Bids must signal intent to show impressions. Following a winning bid, DSPs that cannot give a valid reason for failing to show an ad when given the opportunity will be disabled.
We adhere to the official OpenRTB protocol for all video inventory available on Pulse
and pass all required parameters directly in the
video object. We
support VAST 2.0 and VAST 3.0 templates inline in the
adm field or
fetched using the URL supplied in the
nurl field in the bid
response, however the following limitations apply:
- Only linear video ads are supported.
- Only one creative is allowed in any given VAST response. The creative ID of the bid must always match to one and the same creative.
- VPAID ad units are only supported in web browser requests (this is indicated in
BidRequest.imp.video.apifield when supported).
- VPAID ad units must not perform follow-up auctions on the client side. A winning bid must signal that the DSP has already selected the ad to show.
- No Companion Banner inventory is available at this point.
- We do not support extensions to the VAST protocol. We do not block VAST ads that use extensions, but we do not honor the information in the extension.
When the integration is completed, and before you can start bidding on Pulse enabled inventory, your Technical Account Manager holds compliance tests with you and your team. We enable you to bid on a small amount of traffic and then compare the following numbers:
- Total bid requests
- Total bids
- Total bid price
- Total bids won
- Total impressions served
- Total settlement price
If the compliance test is successful and without large discrepancies (less than 5%), we enable you to bid on larger volumes of traffic.