New Ad REST API, Time Based Break setting available in Pulse SDKs, full passback behaviour in HTML5 Pulse SDK, default skin for HTML5 ad player.
Ad REST API to Upload Assets and Create Ads
- upload assets into Pulse,
- get metadata from uploaded assets,
- create and update ads,
- and get information about ads.
The Ad API is currently not part of the Booking API, because it uses a different base URL, authentication and format.
Time Based Break Setting Available in Pulse SDKs
The time based break functionality in Pulse enables you to set a maximum duration for pre-, mid- and post-roll ad breaks. Setting the maximum duration in seconds for a break is now also available in the Pulse SDKs and is done through adding the parameter when you request an ad session from Pulse:
- HTML5 (from v18.104.22.168.3):
- Android (from v22.214.171.124.0):
- iOS & tvOS (from v126.96.36.199.0):
See Time Based Breaks for more information regarding time based breaks, where to set it and its limitations.
Full Passback Behaviour in HTML5 Pulse SDK
Default Skin Available for HTML5 Ad Player
- A spinning animation to indicate an ad is being loaded.
- Mute and unmute buttons.
- A progress bar for the ad.
- A top banner with information about the ads, like the ad name and number of ads.
- A play button, when you return to the player page after a clickthrough page was opened.
The skin is available on GitHub: HTML5 Ad Player Skins.
To add the skin, clone the repository, build the project and include the minified
version from the
dist folder to the page containing the HTML5 ad
This release includes the following documentation updates: