Ability to skip ads and more in native iOS apps using the iOS Pulse and Core SDKs. Pulse SSP improvements.
Skipping Ads with the iOS Pulse SDK
A number of methods to skip ads have been added to the iOS Pulse SDK, the high level SDK for integrating Pulse ad serving into your native iOS applications. These new methods enable the publisher to implement ad skipping for their viewers, in case the publisher has set up skipping rules in Pulse.
- OOPulseVideoAd.isSkippable: to determine if the current ad may be skipped.
- OOPulseVideoAd.skipOffset: in case the ad may be skipped, this property determines the delay after which the skip button should be shown.
- OOPulseVideoAd.adSkipped: the event to send in case the viewer activated a close or skip button.
More Information About Ads and Ad Breaks in the iOS Pulse and Core SDKs
A new protocol, providing information about the ad breaks, has been added to the iOS Pulse SDK and a method to retrieve the name of an ad has been added to the iOS Core SDK. This new protocol and method give the publisher more control over showing ads and more information to use in reports, respectively.
- playableAdsRemaining: the number of remaining playable ads in the current ad break.
- playableAdsTotal: the total number of playable ads present in the current ad break.
- stopAdBreak: this event stops ad playback for the current ad break without stopping ad playback for the complete session. For example, if this event is called during the playback of the pre-roll ads, then it does not affect playback of mid-roll ads if they are present in the session.
The new method, called VPAd.title, in the iOS Core SDK gives you access to the title of an ad.
Programmatic Buyer Creation Improvements in Pulse SSP
- Open Market: to create a marketplace open to all buyers connected to your network. Any new buyers and DSP are automatically added to any open market you have.
- Private Market: to create a marketplace open to a select number of buyers connected to your network. If you add a DSP to the market, then any new buyer with a seat at the DSP is automatically added to the private market.
- Deal: to create a direct deal with a particular buyer.
The subsequent window to complete the creation of the Programmatic Buyer is customised according to the type of marketplace you have selected.
The Programmatic Buyer overview contains a new column called Type, indicating the type of marketplace. From this overview, you can convert a private market into an open market with the Convert to Open Market command in the context menu.
This release includes the following documentation updates: