New Insertion Policy UI and API functionality to target insertion policies against tags.
New Insertion Policy functionality available in Pulse UI
Previously, you had to configure a unique insertion policy for each combination of category, device container, and content play length, which allowed for no flexibility and could result in many duplicate insertion policies. Any changes you wanted to make had to be separately entered for each combination.
- The tags specified in the insertion policy need to match at least one tag coming in the ad request to Pulse.
- You can rank the tag based insertion policies, so when more than one insertion policy matches the tag targeting coming in the ad request, then the insertion policy with the highest rank gets selected.
- If there are no matching tags, the old category based ad insertion policy acts as the default.
To access Insertion Policies in the Pulse UI, select Settings - Insertion Policy from the menu bar:
By default, you can create up to 50 insertion policies for your Pulse account and up to 20 tags per one insertion policy. Contact your Account Manager if you need to change these values.
New Insertion Policy API
- retrieve an insertion policy template,
- create and update insertion policies,
- update the rank of an insertion policy,
- and get information about insertion policies.
This release includes the following documentation updates: