Reporting on audience in Custom Reporting, new REST API endpoints to retrieve performance metrics
Reporting on audience in Custom Reporting
Custom Reporting is now capable of reporting on audience data, both through the user interface and the REST API endpoints. However, the following limitations and requirements must be taken into account:
- When filtering on an audience provider, then you must also use the audience dimension. This also applies the other way around.
- You are allowed to select maximum one audience provider in the filtering.
- When using the audience provider filter through the API, you must provide the UUID of the required audience provider. To get these values, contact your Technical Account Manager.
- Audience data is only available from 1 December, 2017 through Custom Reporting.
- Resolving audience segments to names (segment key and value) depends on a mapping entered in Pulse's backend, where no history is recorded. This means that the names in your reports may change, if updates were made to the mapping. Any missing mappings result in the name 'undefined' in your reports.
- Tag and audience dimensions cannot be used together in the same report, because the report result cardinality could be too high and surpass the 100000 row limit for Custom Reporting.
New REST API endpoints to retrieve performance metrics
A new series of endpoints have been added to the Campaign Management APIs, which give you quick access to the data collected for your campaigns, goals and ads. The main use case for these endpoints is to build your own user interface and get a quick overview over the total performance of your account.
This release includes the following documentation updates: