Open Measurement SDK (OM SDK) integration with Pulse Android SDK.
Open Measurement SDK integration with Pulse Android SDK
We have integrated the OM SDK with the Pulse Android SDK to make this communication possible when a third-party ad from Pulse is displayed in your native Android application. Collection and surfacing of impressions and viewability information is supported for normal and sponsor standard third-party ads (pre-rolls, mid-rolls, and post-rolls), which are VAST 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 4.1 compliant.
This means that you can now provide required measurement data to all measurement providers and advertisers by accessing multiple measurement provider SDKs collapsed into a single integration, simplifying maintenance without sacrificing functionality. Allowing such transparency can bring more demand for your inventory.
- You must upgrade to version 18.104.22.168.0 or later of the Pulse Android SDK.
- You must call one of the below methods to initialize the OM SDK integration
in Pulse Android SDK. The corresponding method should be called for each ad
just before playing ad content otherwise ad session events will
not be recorded.
- Create OMID ad session with friendly
OmidAdSession.createOmidAdSession(pulseVideoAd, context, adView, friendlyObstructions);
- Create OMID ad session without friendly
OmidAdSession.createOmidAdSession(pulseVideoAd, context, adView);
Additional methods are available to update the ad view and friendly obstructions during ad playback, see documentation for more details.
- Create OMID ad session with friendly obstructions:
- You must notify us of two new events related to viewability
The native video player volume has changed:
The native video player state has changed:
- Third-party ads must be configured to include the measurement provider
<AdVerifications>element if using VAST 4.1, otherwise
<Extension type="AdVerifications">should be used in the
Extensionselement for earlier VAST versions.
This release includes the following documentation updates: