New and improved audience reporting, and end of life of deprecated integration toolkits.
New and improved audience reporting
Custom Reporting is now capable of providing more meaningful audience reports, both through the user interface and the REST API endpoints. You can filter for segments within one audience segmentation as well as break down the results by segments within one audience segmentation. The older audience provider filter and audience dimension have been marked (legacy) to avoid confusion.
The new filter and dimension are:
- Audience segment filter: filter based on an audience provider, a segmentation belonging to that provider, and multiple segments from the selected segmentation. You can only filter for segments within one segmentation.
- Audience segmentation dimension: break down the report results by segments within one segmentation, which can be same or different than the one you filtered on, but it must belong to the same audience provider.
Take the following into account when using the new audience reporting:
- Only create reports on audience if you have an integration with an audience data provider. See Pulse Audience Management for more information.
- The new audience segment filter and audience segmentation dimension do not have to be used in combination.
- Tag dimension cannot be combined with the new audience segmentation dimension in the same report, because the report result cardinality could be too high and surpass the 100000 row limit for Custom Reporting.
- The new audience segment filter and new audience segmentation dimension cannot be used in combination with the legacy audience provider filter and legacy audience dimension.
- When using both the audience segment filter and the audience segmentation dimension in one report, they must belong to the same audience provider. You cannot combine two different audience data providers in one report.
- When using the new audience segment filter, you can only filter for segments within one segmentation. However, when using both the audience segment filter and the audience segmentation dimension in one report, you can break down the data by segments from a segmentation that is different than the one you filtered on, but it must belong to the same audience provider.
- When creating audience reports through the API, use the Audience Management API to retrieve the
- Resolving audience segments to names depends on a mapping entered in Pulse
backend, where no history is recorded. This means that the names in your reports
may change if updates were made to the mapping. Any missing mappings result in
undefinedin your reports.
End of life of deprecated integration toolkits
- Brightcove Perform Plugin (HTML5): migrate to VideoJS v7.x and Brightcove Player v6.x HTML5 plugin
- Brightcove SMART Plugin (Flash+HTML5): migrate to VideoJS v7.x and Brightcove Player v6.x HTML5 plugin
- JW6 Flash Plugin: migrate to JW7 HTML5 plugin
- Flowplayer Flash Plugin and Flash Ad Player: Flash is no longer supported
For more information, contact your Account Manager.
This release includes the following documentation updates: