Open Measurement SDK (OM SDK) integration with Pulse iOS SDK and deprecation of Segment identification document.
Open Measurement SDK integration with Pulse iOS SDK
Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) has designed the Open Measurement standard to facilitate the measurement of mobile in-app ads by third-party viewability and measurement providers without requiring their own SDK. See Open Measurement SDK (OM SDK) for more information.
We have integrated the OM SDK with the Pulse iOS SDK to make this communication possible when a third-party ad from Pulse is displayed in your native iOS application. Collection and surfacing of impressions and viewability information is supported for normal and sponsor standard third-party ads (pre-rolls, mid-rolls, and post-rolls), which are VAST 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 4.1 compliant.
This means that you can now provide required measurement data to all measurement providers and advertisers by accessing multiple measurement provider SDKs collapsed into a single integration, simplifying maintenance without sacrificing functionality. Allowing such transparency can bring more demand for your inventory.
- You must upgrade to version 188.8.131.52.0 or later of the Pulse iOS SDK.
- You must call one of the below methods to initialize the OM SDK integration
in Pulse iOS SDK. The corresponding method should be called for each ad
just before playing ad content otherwise ad session events will
not be recorded.
- Create OMID ad session with friendly
- Create OMID ad session without friendly
Additional methods are available to update the ad view and friendly obstructions during ad playback, see documentation for more details.
- Create OMID ad session with friendly obstructions:
- You must notify us of three new events related to viewability
adStarted, report the player volume, with a range between 0 and 1 (default value is 1):
The native video player volume has changed:
The native video player state has changed:
- Third-party ads must be configured to include the measurement provider
<AdVerifications>element if using VAST 4.1, otherwise
<Extension type="AdVerifications">should be used in the
Extensionselement for earlier VAST versions.
Deprecation of Segment identification document
From today, 29 June 2020, the Segment identification document, a CSV file you had to provide us with to set up audience targeting for your Pulse account, is deprecated and superseded by the Audience Management API. If you are still using the Segment identification document, you can now start migrating to the Audience Management API.
Our Customer Solutions team will work with you to determine a migration timeline, and an end of life date will be announced at a later point.
When initiating the Pulse Audience Management integration project, our Customer Solutions team configures the audience provider information, however you can manipulate the audience segmentations and corresponding audience segments using the Audience Management API.
- Retrieve audience data provider information, see Audience provider requests.
- Create, update, and retrieve audience segmentations for an audience provider, see Audience segmentation requests.
- Create, update, and retrieve audience segments for an audience segmentation, see Audience segment requests.
- Upload your audience data batch files to Pulse session store to assign viewers to the desired segmentations and segments, see Batch upload requests.
For more information, contact your Account Manager.
This release includes the following documentation updates: