Welcome to Video Advertising Documentation
Optimise your ad revenue and make the most of your growing audience with the Pulse Products. The Pulse ad management and programmatic trading tools are designed specifically to help broadcasters and publishers run their video ad businesses. For an overview, see Video Advertising Overview and Pulse Video Advertising Platform.
Pulse Audience Management API
A new Audience Management REST API is available to interact with Pulse. If you are using, or want to use, the Pulse Audience Management functionality, this API provides you with endpoints to retrieve audience provider information, and retrieve, create, and update the audience segmentations and audience segments for your audience providers. Read more in the 2019-12-06 Release.
Advanced Mid-roll Break Management
It is now possible to control the viewer experience even more by configuring up to 10 mid-roll ad breaks with different ad loads and break duration limits than the default mid-roll rule. The mid-roll breaks that are not specifically configured inherit the default mid-roll rule. This is especially good if later in the content, when your viewers are already heavily invested and less likely to drop out, you want to insert breaks with higher ad load and longer duration. Using advanced mid-roll break management also brings you more revenue opportunities by allowing you to sell your mid-roll inventory on a per break basis. Read more in the 2019-11-20 Release.
Goal, Ad Format, and Device Performance Available in Performance Metrics Explorer
It is now possible to view the performance metrics and time series graphs either only for the campaigns you filtered on (default) or also include their goals OR their format types OR their devices. This provides you with a quick and simple way to retrieve and share near-real time or historical performance metrics from specific campaigns, their goals, ad format types, and devices and the ability to monitor and visualise the progress of active campaigns, their goals, ad format types, and devices. Read more in these release notes: 2019-07-15 Release, 2019-07-19 Release, and 2019-10-02 Release.
Mid-roll Break Targeting
It is now possible to target a goal to one or more mid-roll ad breaks when adding both normal and sponsor goals in Pulse. This allows you to show certain types of ads in specific mid-roll ad breaks and provides greater control of your ad serving. For example, setting mid-roll break targeting to mid-roll break numbers 2 and 3 means that mid-roll ads from that goal can only be shown in the second and third mid-roll ad break. Read more in Mid-roll Break Targeting.
We have developed a sample Cast Application Framework (CAF) Receiver Application, based on Google's CAF Receiver API and support of the IAB VMAP standard, which you can use to create your own receiver application that can provide the ads metadata and request VMAP ads from Pulse to be served on a Chromecast device. The sample application and all its documentation can be found on GitHub: Cast Application Framework (CAF) Receiver Application. Read more in the 2019-07-05 Release.
VideoJS v7.x and Brightcove Player v6.x HTML5 Plugin
A new plugin is available to integrate your VideoJS v7.x and Brightcove Player version 6.x with Pulse for ad serving. The plugin and all its documentation can be found on GitHub: Pulse Plugin for VideoJS and Brightcove Player. Read more in the 2019-03-21 Release.
Where to Find What
- Pulse Video Advertising Release Notes for up-to-date information about the Pulse products
- Pulse User Guide for Pulse administrators, ad operations, traffic managers and sales and product managers
- Developer Guides for developing and validating integrations between
your player and Pulse for ad serving:
- Mandatory Validation Importance and Process for all integrations
- Plugins for several video players
- Pulse SDKs (high level SDKs) for HTML5, Android, iOS and tvOS
- Pulse Integration Toolkit (low level SDKs) for HTML5, Android (deprecated) and iOS (deprecated)
- VAST and VMAP for VAST and VMAP integrations
- Chromecast for integrating Pulse ad delivery with Chromecast using VMAP
- SDK reference documentation (both Pulse and Core SDKs)
- Sample integrations and documentation
- Developer Guides for accessing and handling data in Pulse:
- Knowledge Base Articles
- Pulse FAQ
- Pulse Help Desk: use the Technical Support portal to report problems, ask Pulse related questions, request account configuration changes, or suggest a feature request. See Pulse Help Desk User Guide for more information.
- Pulse Statuspage: subscribe to receive Pulse incidents and maintenance notifications.